The rental program is for currently enrolled State Fair Community College students only who are 18 years of age or older. Due to the contractual nature of this program and the consequences of breaking the contract, parents, spouse, children or others may not rent a textbook for you. Please read the rental policy for further information.
Renting textbooks is a good option if you do not want to own the books after classes end.
- Lower up-front cost (even cheaper if renting used books)
- Lower risk of losing money if value of purchased book decreases when selling back to Campus Store
- Unwanted textbooks are not taking up space in your closet or car when class ends
- Renting is not an option for all classes.
- Rentals must be returned by the stipulated deadline at the end of each semester.
- If rentals are not returned, your student account is charged full price for the book(s) and a hold is placed on your account until payment is received in the Business Office. Also, if you are enrolled in the following semester, those classes will be dropped.
Always remember to keep your textbook receipts whether renting or purchasing textbooks because it makes the process of returning rentals or selling books to the Campus Store much smoother.