The deadline to return rented textbooks is FRIDAY, MAY 22. Students who have rented textbooks will receive an email in their SFCC email accounts from the Campus Store with instructions on how to return the rentals based on the number or weight of RENTED 2020 spring books in their possession. UPS and USPS labels have been issued. Please check your student email.
Students need to carefully read and follow the instructions. No other books or materials are to be included with rented textbooks. Not accurately following the instructions by the May 22 deadline will result in additional costs to the student.
If you have questions, please contact Campus Store Director, Polly Grapes at [email protected].
SFCC CAMPUS STORE RENTAL PROGRAM
The rental program is for currently enrolled State Fair Community College students only who are 18 years of age or older. Due to the contractual nature of this program and the consequences of breaking the contract, parents, spouse, children or others may not rent a textbook for you. Please read the rental policy for further information.
Renting textbooks is a good option if you do not want to own the books after classes end.
- Lower up-front cost (even cheaper if renting used books)
- Lower risk of losing money if value of purchased book decreases when selling back to Campus Store
- Unwanted textbooks are not taking up space in your closet or car when class ends!
- Renting is not an option for all classes.
- Rentals must be returned by the stipulated deadline at the end of each semester.
- If rentals are not returned, your student account is charged full price for the book(s) and a hold is placed on your account until payment is received in the Business office. Also, if you are enrolled in the following semester, those classes will be dropped.
Always remember to keep your textbook receipts whether renting or purchasing textbooks because it makes the process of returning rentals or selling books to the Campus Store much smoother.