Textbook Rental Information
SPRING 2024 RENTAL POLICY:
When you rent a textbook from State Fair Community College, you are agreeing to adhere to this policy: I understand this rental textbook is the property of State Fair Community College Campus Store and must be returned NO LATER than 5 P.M. on May 20th, 2024. I understand that this a rental contract between State Fair Community College Campus Store and myself and I am 18 years of age or older. I understand that if I wish to terminate the rental contract I must do so by the last day for 100% textbook refund deadline for the applicable term AND that the rental textbook must be in the same condition as when it was rented. I understand that I will be charged a replacement fee of a new textbook if I fail to return the textbook by the deadline, which is NO LATER than 5 P.M. on May 20th, 2024. I understand this fee will automatically be charged to my student account and my account may be placed on hold until payment is received. I understand that if the textbook is returned damaged or unsalable, I will be charged a damage or replacement fee. I understand that by submitting this online order I am signifying compliance with the terms of this rental agreement.
RENTAL REFUNDS & CONTRACT TERMINATION:
Rentals may be returned by the 100% refund deadline listed below to terminate the rental contract and receive a refund on the rental fee. After these dates, you will not be refunded the rental fee. Spring 2024 dates are listed below:
- December 19th, 2023 - 100% refund for any reason for interim classes
- January 22nd, 2024 - 100% refund for any reason for 16-week and 1st 8-week
- February 6th, 2024 - 100% refund for any reason for 12-week
- April 1st, 2024 - 100% refund for any reason for 2nd 8-week
Textbooks must be in the same salable condition as they were when rented. If you rent new textbooks, you may not write or highlight in the book or damage in any way.
Summer rentals need to be returned by May 20th, 2024. You may return rentals to the Sedalia SFCC Campus Store or to the Boonville, Clinton, Lake of the Ozarks or WAFB sites. You may also ship your rental(s) to the SFCC Campus Store. We suggest shipping books back by May 13th, 2024 to ensure delivery by the deadline. Rentals that are postmarked after May 20th will not be accepted.
If rented textbooks are not returned by the deadline, you will be charged a replacement fee for each textbook, which is the cost of a new book. A hold is placed on your account, and if you are enrolled in the following semester, those classes may be dropped.
- Rental textbooks will be inspected by Campus Store staff to ensure only normal usage has occurred.
- Torn covers, missing pages, excessive highlighting or writing, water damage, or other minor destruction will be evaluated by Campus Store staff and may result in a damage fee charged to your account.
- If excessive damage has occurred, the textbook will not be accepted, and you will be charged the replacement fee of a new textbook.