RENTAL REFUND and CONVERSION POLICY
The deadline to return rented textbooks is FRIDAY, MAY 22. Students who have rented textbooks will receive an email in their SFCC email accounts from the Campus Store with instructions on how to return the rentals based on the number or weight of RENTED 2020 spring books in their possession. UPS and USPS labels have been issued. Please check your student email.
Students need to carefully read and follow the instructions. No other books or materials are to be included with rented textbooks. Not accurately following the instructions by the May 22 deadline will result in additional costs to the student.
If you have questions, please contact Campus Store Director, Polly Grapes at [email protected].
Textbooks must be in the same salable condition as they were when rented. If you rent new textbooks, the following rules apply.
- Shrink-wrapped packages, Student Value Packages or Bundles may not be opened.
- Access codes or software packages may not be opened or activated.
- No writing, highlighting, or other damage are allowed.
- You may choose to convert a purchase into a rental or a rental into a purchase through the refund deadline established each semester.
If rented textbooks are not returned by the deadline, you will be charged a replacement fee for each textbook. A hold is placed on your account, and if you are enrolled in the following semester, those classes will be dropped.
- Rental textbooks will be inspected by Campus Store staff to ensure only normal usage has occurred.
- Torn covers, missing pages, excessive highlighting or writing, water damage, or other minor destruction will be evaluated by Campus Store staff and may result in a damage fee charged to your account.
- If excessive damage has occurred, the textbook will not be accepted, and you will be charged the replacement fee of a new textbook.
I understand this rental textbook is the property of State Fair Community College Campus Store and must be returned NO LATER than May 22, 2020. I understand that this a rental contract between State Fair Community College Campus Store and myself and I am 18 years of age or older.
I understand that if I wish to terminate the rental contract I must do so by the last for 100% textbook refund deadline for the applicable term AND that the rental textbook must be in the same condition as when it was rented.
I understand that I will be charged a replacement fee of a new textbook if I fail to return the textbook by the deadline, which is NO LATER than May 22, 2020.
I understand this fee will automatically be charged to my student account and my account will be placed on hold until payment is received.
I understand that if the textbook is returned damaged or unsalable, I will be charged a damage or replacement fee.
I understand that by submitting this online order I am signifying compliance with the terms of this rental agreement.