Rental Refund and Conversion Policy
To receive a refund on a textbook or to terminate the rental contract, the following rules apply:
Textbook must be returned by the last day for 100% textbook refund deadline for each term. After these dates, all sales are final. Fall 2021 dates are listed below:
- Interim classes - July 29th
- 16 Week & 1st 8 Week classes - August 27th (any reason)
- 16 Week & 1st 8 Week classes - September 3rd (if dropped)
- 12 Week classes - September 9th
- 2nd 8 Week classes - October 25th
- E-books have limited return options; see sfccbooks.redshelf.com/refunds for return policy.
Textbooks must be in the same salable condition as they were when rented. If you rent new textbooks, the following rules apply:
- Shrink-wrapped packages, Student Value Packages or Bundles may not be opened.
- Access codes or software packages may not be opened or activated.
- No writing, highlighting, or other damage are allowed.
- You may choose to convert a purchase into a rental or a rental into a purchase through the refund deadline established each semester.
If rented textbooks are not returned by the deadline, you will be charged a replacement fee for each textbook. A hold is placed on your account, and if you are enrolled in the following semester, those classes will be dropped.
- Rental textbooks will be inspected by Campus Store staff to ensure only normal usage has occurred.
- Torn covers, missing pages, excessive highlighting or writing, water damage, or other minor destruction will be evaluated by Campus Store staff and may result in a damage fee charged to your account.
- If excessive damage has occurred, the textbook will not be accepted, and you will be charged the replacement fee of a new textbook.
I understand this rental textbook is the property of State Fair Community College Campus Store and must be returned NO LATER than 5 p.m., December 20th, 2021. I understand that this a rental contract between State Fair Community College Campus Store and myself and I am 18 years of age or older.
I understand that if I wish to terminate the rental contract I must do so by the last for 100% textbook refund deadline for the applicable term AND that the rental textbook must be in the same condition as when it was rented.
I understand that I will be charged a replacement fee of a new textbook if I fail to return the textbook by the deadline, which is NO LATER than 5 p.m., December 20th, 2021.
I understand this fee will automatically be charged to my student account and my account will be placed on hold until payment is received.
I understand that if the textbook is returned damaged or unsalable, I will be charged a damage or replacement fee.
I understand that by submitting this online order I am signifying compliance with the terms of this rental agreement.
In store year-round book buyback is BACK! Go to sfccbooks.com for operation hours and details. Bring your SFCC BLUECARD if you have one, or know your student ID number!
Email [email protected] if you need assistance.